Trump Tower Project
In 2016, I began working on a photography project featuring photos outside of Trump Tower on 5th Avenue in Manhattan—Donald Trump's primary residence before he was elected President that year. Since then, I've returned regularly to examine the peculiar dynamics of that area, focusing specifically on protestors, supporters, the police presence as well as the reactions of passing tourists.
I've explored these themes in an extended series of photo essays, which I posted to Medium.com, resulting in many thousands of views.
Here's a selection of images from that project.
Here's a listing of the photo essays, which can be found on Medium.
- 53 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- 59 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- 82 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- 99 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- 40 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- 91 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- After Charlottesville: 4 Hours Outside Trump Tower
- 67 Minutes Outside Trump Tower
- A Brief Chat With New York City’s Counter Terrorism Police About my Photography
The following two essays also include photos taken from protests after Trump’s election and before his inauguration.